Tuesday, May 31, 2011

46 YEARS SINCE BYU-ROOMMATE REUNION #4 IN ATLANTA


It had been 3 years since our last reunion.....and it was definitely worth the wait.

The evening of day #1 we celebrated MA's birthday and then went to Stone Mountain.

Day #2 we went to Helen, an Alpine village.

We also visited Babyland General Hospital....


where we were greeted by a friendly nurse with a heavy southern drawl.

All these adorable babies are waiting for adoption.

Even school-age dolls want to go home with you.

The babies in the leaves are waiting to be born.

We actually witnessed the birth of a little girl cabbage patch baby.

Four nurses resting after delivery.

Day #3 we went to the newly rededicated Atlanta Temple.

Day #4 we drove to Savannah. That night we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant-Lady & Sons.

Day #5 we took a tour of Savannah and loved all the beautiful old homes....

..and the beautiful squares....more in Savannah than anywhere else.

We visited the very old Bonaventure Cemetary and read some very interesting headstones. We loved all the moss hanging from the trees, until we were told it is full of ticks and red bugs and chiggars!

Day #6 We put our feet into the Atlantic Ocean and then drove back to Atlanta.
Day #7 ended with a beautiful Georgia sunset, and many more happy memories.

If laughter truly is good therapy, then we all went home very healthy!









1 comment:

Grandma Cantrell said...

It was the best! Love the pictures. Mostly I loved the week with all of you. I don't know if I can wait another three years! You are better than I am about keeping up a blog. I think I will just post on mine for everyone to go look at yours! Love you!