Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bill!

I want to pay tribute to my bother Bill, who is turning 80 years old today!
This is our family in 1952.  Bill's wife, Mary, died when their children were small, the youngest just 4 years old.  Bill did a wonderful job raising their 4 children.  He is a successful architect, still working, but recently moved his office into his home.

There is a big difference in our ages.  He was 18 when I was born.  Since I grew out of the pesky little sister stage, we have become closer.  He had compassion on his poor college student sister and gave me my first job as receptionist in his office.

We enjoyed living close to Bill the year we were on sabbatical in California. We have since enjoyed many great family reunions and mini-reunions when we travel to California.

He is a great man and has lived a very productive and fulfilling life.  He has good kids.
He is a man of integrity.


Dinner with Danette and Bill a couple of weeks before we left for Russia.
Technology is wonderful!  His daughter Danette surprised Bill at a family party Sunday night with a Skype conference with us.  Volgograd Russia-Castro Valley, California!  This is a picture of our time together.  

I love you Bill and hope you have many more happy birthdays.

С ДНЕМ РОЖДИНИЯ!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Happy 80th Birthday, Uncle Bill!