
I worried that pumpkin pies made out of this green pumpkin would not taste the same as the ones made from our garden pumpkins....but they tasted the same (thanks to those who sent ginger, nutmeg and cloves)

Of course, I had to make favors. This time, though, not placecards, because we had to sit wherever, so I did that same as last year with the guest's pictures inserted into pilgrim or indian heads and made napkin rings. Click on picture for closer look.

Our big spread on our little table! Missionary made fresh salsa and chipa and salad. Also, chicken and mashed potatoes and dressing and gravy and rolls and pumpkin and apple pie.

Elder Flint is ready to dig in.

Can you eat all that, Elder Wesemann?

Elders Porter, Behunin and Peterson making their selections. (Most missionaries were in casual attire, because they came from playing frizbee. Assistants came from Rostov on train, so were dressed like missionaries.

Elder Meecham can't move after finishing his meal!

Elder Kempton is very happy and Sister Gillmore is eating more slowly.

All 14 of us.....full and grateful!!
2 comments:
I'm glad you felt okay and had a good Thanksgiving. We missed you, but it looks like you made it a special day for lots of people. Maybe someone will do that for our kids when they are on their missions over the holidays!
You always do everything up so special. I guess that's just 'cuz you are so special yourself! It looks like it was a really fun day. We just had Billy, Lisa, David and Ashby, but it was a wonderful day in Georgia (USA, that is!), too.
Love you!!
Post a Comment